Wednesday, October 04, 2006

9 weeks and counting

I cannot believe we've made it this far. Today I am 9 weeks and 4 days pregnant. It is truly wonderful to read about how my baby is developing. They say it should be about 1 and 1/2 inches long now and it has fully formed eyelids. All of it's joints should be working, and the baby may even be sucking it's thumb.

In 2 days I go in for another ultrasound. I'm both nerveous and excited about this. Nerveous because something could be wrong and the ultrasound will tell us. Excited, because there's a good chance that everything will be fine and we will come home with another beautiful ultrasound picture of our growing baby. I try not to dwell on the possibility of problems, but it's hard not to. Dare I risk getting my hopes up?

1 comment:

BD said...

Eyelids...

The powers of technology, quite amazing.