Friday, February 08, 2008

Ladybugs and Toilets

Estelle ate a ladybug the other day! She was on the floor playing while I was getting some work done there at the table next to her. I looked down and saw that she was chewing on something, but my attempts to remove the offending object failed. Whatever it was that she put in her mouth was swallowed before I could get to it. And then I smelled her breath....ladybug. The distinct smell of ladybug is unmistakable...strong and earthy. Upon a quick inspection of the area, I found a couple lady bug shells on the floor by the window. Darn critters were all over the place last fall. And then yesterday, I was made certain of my theory. Estelle pooped out a ladybug shell. Yep. She ate a ladybug.

If that's not enough to gross you out, that very same day I caught Estelle splashing in the toilet...clean of course, but still gross. She's only recently been able to pull herself up on things, so I didn't think anything of her playing the bathroom. Then I heard the splashing. The stinker was having a jolly ole time splashing in the toilet. I guess I'll have to remember to shut the toilet lid when I'm done from now on. Lol.

No comments: