Monday, February 11, 2008

Night Progress

The second night that I refused to nurse Estelle when she woke up went much better than the first. Estelle only woke up 2 times and both times her crying with brief. She did have a little trouble with her stuffy nose though. Poor thing couldn't keep her binkie in and breathe at the same time.
On night 3 Estelle hardly woke up at all. I fed her at 11:00 and she woke up once at around 1:00 but only for a few minutes. I didn't nurse her, but soothed her back to sleep. After that, she slept until 5:00 am! That's quite possibly one of the longest stretches of sleep she's ever given me.
So last night, night 4 of no-nursing, we had a bit of a relapse. Estelle woke up more often again. I finally gave her water in a bottle and she took it quite willingly. She's normally not one to take a bottle so I guess it surprized me. Perhaps she was just thirsty and not really needing to nurse. After that I rocked her and sung to her until she fell asleep and she slept until around 4:00 in the morning. I would have liked to hold her off until at least 5:00 am, but it was a rough night so I let her eat a little early.

No comments: