Friday, November 17, 2006

Belly button and abs.

There have been some very odd things going on with my body lately.

To start with, there's my belly button. I cannot remember a time when my belly button was not the perfect shape and size. It has always been and ideal button for piercing. Although that will never happen, I have always had a perfect belly button for it. A little dip in my belly with just enough skin over it to hide the inside from view. Well, that belly button is a thing of the past. My new belly button is nearly flat. The inside is now very bodly showing itself. I'm not so sure I like this new belly button, but I guess I will have to tolearte. It only gets worse from here.

Although the belly button thing was a bit of a surprize, I at least knew that it was going to happen at some point. The change in my abdominal muscles, however, was a complete shock! You cannot imagine the look on my face the other day when I was getting up from lounging on the couch and happened to notice the shape my belly took when my abs were flexed. I have always prided myself on my toned ab's which, when flexed, squared off my belly rather nicely. There was just enough shape to look good, with ridges faint enough not to look manly. Always a distinct flat section between to tight parallel lines of muscle. It appears that this pregnancy has caused the two muscles to join together, causing a single verticle bump down the center of my belly. Very odd looking indeed. From my view it looks like my belly had turned into a small mountian which peeks in the center by my belly botton. Very odd indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember my belly button became very shallow towards the end of pregnancy- never quite popped out- I don't want it too- ahhhhhhhhhh- but it might eek!!!! and abs- oh those days have long since been gone....