Monday, November 06, 2006

Shopping Day

Last Thursday, after weeks of self-control and having not purchased any cloths, I went maternity cloths shopping. My cousin-in-law, Julie who is also pregnant, had planned the trip and I was happy to join her. Especially since more and more of my cloths were beginning to look rather hideous on my protruding belly.

So, at 9:30 AM, I met up with Esther (my mother-in-law), Mima (my-grandmother-in-law), Julie, and her son Tyler. And off we went to Purple Cow, Once Upon a Child, Old Navy, and Motherhood Maternity. The shopping took a good portion of the day and by the end, I was completely exausted, but not without pleanty to show for it. I came home with 8 shirts, 5 skirts, 1 dress, 1 pair of pants, and 2 pairs of nylons. I promise, I don't usually come home with so much after only one day of shopping. I am, however, very happy with each of my purchases.

Although, based on the success of our trip, you would think that we were strictly focused on the task at hand, I must confess we goofed off a bit too. We actually made a video of Mima wearing the maternity pillow belly at motherhood. Very funny. But to see it, you'll have to visit Julie's blog. It'll be the clip labeled "maternity cloths shopping".

After our shopping trip, we made cookies at Julies house. I was SO tired during the cookie-making, I cannot answer for my behavior at that point (see the end of the video to understand). Oh, and here's a picture of me and Julie. I am almost 14 weeks and Julie is almost 11 weeks:

No comments: