Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Late Night Scare

Last night little Estelle gave us a scare. She hadn't been moving as much during the day as she usually does, so when I laid down for bed, which is her favorite time to move a lot, and she still didn't move I started to get worried. I tried changing positions, which normally get's her going, but that didn't work. I tried to hear her heartbeat on my fetal heart monitor, as unreliable as it is, and couldn't find her heartbeat. Finally, I laid back and TJ and I tried moving her around but still couldn't get movement. At that point, we started to get worried, so I called the hospital. They told us to come in so they could do a non-stress test to make sure everything is ok.

After what seemed like forever, we finally got to the hospital where they hooked me up to an external fetal monitor. What a relief it was to hear her heartbeat good and strong. I was then instructed to mark whenever I felt movement. She did finally end up moving a bit. The test lasted an hour and everything looked good so they sent us home.

Although it turned out to be a long night for us, I did feel a lot better after hearing her heartbeat and being confirmed that all was well. I wouldn't have been able to sleep had I not gone in, so I guess it's good that we made the trip out to the hospital, even if it didn't turn out to be neccessary. Better safe than sorry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that things turned out ok- I know I have that in the back of my mind too if I don't feel Emily for a while, its easy for me to not pay much attention because I'm so busy with Tyler- unless its a noticeable move and I don't like my bebesounds monitor either it was so disappointing to buy it.

Anonymous said...

I remember things get rather tight in there that far along so you might not be having the big movements you did earlier.