Thursday, April 26, 2007

Maniac With a Broom

These past couple days I have been absolutely insane with my desire to clean.

Tuesday I mowed the lawn, although it hurt like crazy even walking so I'm insane for mowing. I must have looked pretty pathetic out there waddling around my front yard because Rose, our elderly neighbor came over to help. She actually took the mower from me and finished the lawn while I swept up the clippings. Such a sweetheart. When that was finished, I fertilized the grass. Don't worry I used the dry kind in the spreader... no harsh chemicals in the air that way.

Wednesday I got out the weed-wacker and did all the trim in the front yard until my arms were killing me, then swept the sidewalks and driveway.

Today has been the worst though. I've been working like a maniac cleaning inside the house. So far I've washed all the sheets and blankets, finished three loads of regular laundry, washed the living room windows, vaccumed the living room, swept and mopped the kitchen and bathroom, washed the dishes, re-organized the laundry room, dusted the living room furniture, and mopped the front portch. There is still much to be done, but progress is slow. I'm still in pain so it's a killer going up and down the stairs. But, I'm determined to get this place in tip-top shape before baby Estelle arrives.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can we say NESTING!?????!!!!!!!!!!

Larissa said...

The nest is ready then! Now all I need is the baby. =)