Wednesday, April 25, 2007

PAIN

No, I haven't started labor yet, but I have been suffering from extreme amounts of pain in my pelvis. Basically it feels like somebody took a hammer and whacked me in my crotch causing shooting pain anytime I walk or lift a leg. This started a couple weeks ago and has gotten progressively worse. It is to the point now where I can hardly roll over in bed, dread the thought of going upstairs, and walk so slow that elderly folks with walkers pass me up at the grocery store. If you placed a plate full of delicious chocolate cake in front of me but told me I'd have to get up and walk over to get it, I very well might skip the cake just to avoid the pain involved with getting to it. That's how bad it is. And anyone who knows about me and my love for chocolate knows it's serious business when it surpasses my desire for chocolate.

At first, I assumed this was a normal part of pregnancy, but after a little online research, I found that this condition has a name... Simphisis Pubic Dysfunction. Here is one article I found....
http://www.minti.com/parenting-advice/3785/Pelvic-pain-during-pregnancy-SPD-symphisis-pubic-dysfunction/

And, just so you can know how serious this is, here is a picture of the chocolate cake I would deny myself:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

is it supposed to continue through labor or subside when labor starts?

Larissa said...

I hear it sometimes makes labor worse. Not good, but I guess I'm going to have to tolerate.

Anonymous said...

forced usual vaidyasala reliably lifesciences asylums dial urdu mutual blow abreast
lolikneri havaqatsu