Monday, April 23, 2007

Still Pregnant?

Every week I lead songs in the three-year-old Sunday school class. Yesterday, in class, little Josiah gave me an odd look before saying "Hey, your tummy is really big!". I smiled and asked him if he knew why my tummy was so big. When he shook his head "no", I went on to tell him that there was a baby growing in there. At that, his eyes got really big. I think he thinks I ate a baby. Lol.

I can't walk through church without being people saying "You're still here?" or "Haven't you had that baby YET?" or "Still hanging in there I see". I bet if I counted how many remarks like that I've recieved it would be close to 15 yesterday alone. It's getting a little old. Obviously I'm "still here"... you can see me can't you. And of course I haven't had that baby yet, I'm still fat aren't I? And no, I'm not "hanging in there"... the baby is. And there is one lady, I'm not going to mention names, who finds the need to laugh every Sundy morning when I first walk in, then she'll make some gesture indicating that she's laughing at my large belly. I can't quite figure out what's so funny. Ok. Vent over.

In other news, I have lost a couple pounds this past week. I forgot to mention it in my last post, but when I went to the doc on Friday I was back down to 159. It had been 161 the week before. So, that was pretty exciting. Maybe I won't explode afterall!

Oh, and I got to talk over details of my birth plan with my doc too. There was only one point that she didn't agree on and that was use of IV drip for hydration. I'd rather avoid being tethered to a metal pole and bag of sugar water but she really feels it's neccessary. I guess I can tolerate that. She is the doctor afterall. On the bright side, it was encouraging to hear that she has delivered babies to couples who have used the Bradley Method before, so she is familiar with the techniques.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ask about a heplock instead of iv?

Anonymous said...

the comments become more and more predictable and annoying I'm afraid :)