Monday, September 11, 2006

First Ultrasound

Today, as our country mourned in remeberance of 9-11 losses that occured 5 years go, TJ and I became two of the happiest people in the world. Today we had our first ultrasound.

At only 6 weeks along and having suffered 2 previous miscarriages, we didn't dare expect too much. I would have been thrilled only to know that the gestational sac was located in the uterous. To our absolute joy, we were blessed with so much more. Not only was the baby located nicely in the uterus, but we also got to see it's beating heart!

You cannot imagine the joy I felt when the sonographer announced that she could see the heartbeat! Tears came to my eyes as I watched our tiny baby's heartbeat on the screen. TJ, not even trying to hide his excitment, cried out "No way!!!" and hurried over to see, a look of complete glee on his face. At that moment, we became the proudest parents in the world.















Our baby measured in at 6 weeks and 2 days, just a little farther along than I'd thought. It's heartrate clocked in at a strong 131. What a wonderful day!

No comments: