Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Our Journey Begins

December, 2004

I can't say I know the exact day that it all began, but somewhere between "I do" and now, TJ and I decided we wanted a baby. Perhaps it was too much time spent with friends who had babies or too many Wedneday nights helping in the nursery. I don't know the exact day it happened, but at some point we were bit by the baby bug.

We suddnely found ourselves gazing longingly at newborns in the loving arms of their proud new parents. Walking by the baby cloths section in department stores, I found myself slowing down just to take a peek at the cute little baby cloths. The adorable little booties were never before so appealing. And, worst of all, I began to evny pregnant women. Every time another friend shared news of her pregnancy, I found myself envious yet again. Something had to be done.

And so began our journey to parenthood.

No comments: