Sunday, September 10, 2006

I've made it this far.

I hate to admit it, but I have not been terribly optimistic this whole pregnancy. After two previous miscarriages, it's hard for me to actually believe that 2 lines on a stick means I'll have a baby in 9 months. For me, 2 lines on a stick means a few weeks of worry followed by a painful miscarriage and months of depression. Nevertheless, I've been praying daily that the good Lord will allow this child to survive.

Today I've crossed a milestone. I have passed up the length of my first pregnancy. I am at 27 DPO (days past ovulation) right now. My first miscarriage occured at 26 DPO. That means this pregnancy has lasted longer than my first. My second miscarriage occured at 34 DPO, so I still have a while until I've past that date. I'm very excited to have gotten this far though.

Tomorrow is my first ultrasound. I'm very excited, but nerveous at the same time. I constantly find myself praying that they will find a baby in the uterus with a heartbeat. I know that's a lot to ask with this ultrasound being so early, but I can't help but wish for it.

No comments: