Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Pregnant for the 3rd time.

July 25th, 20o6

I was not particularly hopeful this month, as it was only my 3rd cycle since the miscarriage. However, 2 days before my period was due, I decided to test. I can't say I know exactly what made me want to test. After more than a year without success I'd known firsthand the emotional damage early testing ensues. Nevertheless, I disregarded my intellectual side and went ahead and tested.... in the middle of the day..... using a cheap dollar tree test I'd bought the day before.

As usual, first glance showed no second line. I was slightly disappointed, but not surprized. A minute or two later, I looked at the test again. No, I didn't just look, I stared intently in search of a second line. Why do I put myself through this? I was probably staring for at least 2 minutes when I began to see a line. I honestly wondered if I was loosing my mind and had only willed the line into existance. As I continued to stare, it became more precise. Deffinately a second line!

For the third time in my life, I felt a flutter of glee! I'm PREGNANT! Perhaps there was hope for us afterall!

Later, when TJ got home we were discussing what we wanted to do this Friday night. Bowling maybe, or mini golf?

"We should probably be careful and take it easy so we don't loose the baby" I said.

At first TJ didn't pick up on what I'd just said. He thought I meant "in case" there was a baby. So, I repeated what I'd just said, and then he got it.

"We're pregnant!" I proclaimed. I'm sure a look of utter glee was on my face.

TJ smiled, obviously pleased to hear this news. He then went on to warn me that I must be extra careful this time. I promised I would and we decided to stay home and watch a movie instead of going out.

No comments: