Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Mothers Day

May 14th, 2006

My first Mother's Day as a mother-to-be. I was in a very good mood today, just knowing that my little baby is growing inside me. Last year, this holiday was mournful and depressing. I wanted so much to have a baby and couldn't stop thinking of the one I'd lost just a couple months earlier. All the talk of mothers and motherhood made me sad. But not this year. I have a new baby to look forward to, and that makes all the difference. There were only a couple times today were I felt cramps and worried, and once where I felt wetness. Luckily, all is still well. Before TJ and I left church tonight, Christel approached me and asked about my online fertility chart, which now showed cd33 and no menses. With this direct a question, I knew I couldn't get around telling her. So, I went ahead and shared my good news with both her and Devin, and made sure they knew this was to be kept secret for a few more weeks. Both my best friends were thrilled to hear of my pregnancy. Devin actually squealed, and Christel and I had to shush her. I'm glad they know. Now they can pray with me that this pregnancy will go well.

No comments: