Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Semen Analysis

The next test I was advised to have done was the semen analysis. TJ did not like the idea, but reluctantly agreed for the sake of our future family. Fortunately for us, he did not have to produce a sample on demand in some stuffy lab room. We lived close enough to a lab that we were permitted to collect the sample at home as long as we drove the sample in immediately. So, on Tuesday morning, before TJ went to work, we painstakingly collected a sample and I called the lab to make sure they were open, only to learn they only accepted semen analysis' on Thursdays and Fridays. I was so disappointed, I cried. I had already been asking a lot of TJ and was devastated that I would have to request a redo. Two days later, we collected a new sample, and I drove it out to the lab immediately. I was relieved to have that test over with.

A few days later, I recieved a call. The results had been normal.

This news was encouraging and disappointing at the same time. It meant that the problem did indeed lie with me. That was the disappointing part. The encouraging part was that female problems can be addressed more easily the male, so there was hope at the end of the tunnel.

No comments: